In the decorative mailboxes category I’m including...
- Standard mailboxes that have been covered with a decorative
- Standard mailboxes that have been decoratively painted or
adorned in someway
- More unusual mailboxes that have been painted or otherwise
- Animal mailboxes
- Bird mailboxes
- Fish mailboxes
- House mailboxes
- And other models of things
I know, it’s a fine line, but I include these types of
mailboxes in the novelty mailbox category.
Ideas for Decorative Mailboxes
- Buy one -- find a mailbox for
sale that’s already decorated
as you like
- Buy a standard or plain mailbox and decorate
- Make a mailbox, for example a
wooden mailbox, to your own
specification and then decorate it
- Or, temporarily decorate your mailbox
for a seasonal event, or special occasion
To get started choose a theme. It can be...
- Related to your location, or to where you’d like to be. For
example a beach theme, river-scape, landscape or cityscape
- Based on a hobby or something you like, for example, a
sport, or a musical instrument.
Ways to Decorate Your Mailbox
Ideas include one or more of the following...
-– cover your mailbox with a decorative cover.
-- these are stickers or transfers. There are some specially made for
mailboxes, but there's no reason why you couldn't use other stickers,
from craft shops, for instance.
for a special occasion, or special event
-- just as you would decorate your house for Christmas. Other occasions
include: halloween; Independence Day (if your country has
one); a special birthday; the birth of a
child; or a special sporting event.